WoW beta

Excellent, I was just on today looking at this too, they must have updated late cause I didnt see this! good post.

I have three pc's to sign up with this time! Just need to come up with three address's now....

Is it true that this game will be subscription based when the final release comes out? If so, it just tells me that I really need to get on the beta to test it out before I am willing to spend money on a long term contract.

I REALY hope I get in. Figure after Beta there wont be any need to pay per month :D I'm just a cheap ass :D

of course it is subscription based, all mmporgs are. They can't afford to run one without fees, it takes too much money to release updates every year and maintan the server. It even says on their web site it will be subscription based.

I know what you mean about it though, I'm very wary of paying $50 for a game and only getting one months game play out of it, and if i don't like it i lose a lot of money. and it's not like if you don't like it you can sell it or anything and recoup some of your money because the code to make an account has already been used.

I am ok with subscriptions but only if I am addicted to a game. I think $15/month (like most sub games) is a little high so I hope this one will be $10/month at most.

Originally posted by Staples
I am ok with subscriptions but only if I am addicted to a game. I think $15/month (like most sub games) is a little high so I hope this one will be $10/month at most.
Heh I was hoping more like $5/month but you're probably right with $10/month

Originally posted by hatecc
of course it is subscription based, all mmporgs are. They can't afford to run one without fees, it takes too much money to release updates every year and maintan the server. It even says on their web site it will be subscription based.

Not all mmorpgs are subscription based.

Take project entropia for example.

They don't have to use sub fee's per se, but that's the easiest method to keep the servers up.

Originally posted by Steve_010
Heh I was hoping more like $5/month but you're probably right with $10/month

just wait till games start jacking it up to 20 bux cuz they know the game is so hyped that ppl will pay it anyway :/

Back