Word of caution: cameraaddict.com

vsboxerboy

2[H]4U
Just for anyones reference if they choose to buy from this etailer, they have super cheap prices but they sent me an email asking me to confirm my order and tried to upsell (if you can call it that) me on the US model from the Japanese model. I used to have one of these before it got stolen so I know the camera inside and out and have all the manuals so it's no big deal if it is so as long as it works - although I feel like this is probably BS to begin with.

Anyhow, once I had made it clear that I was not interested in paying $40 more for the US version, I was immediately hung up on - always a good sign. I'm waiting for an email saying that they are out of stock on that item or some BS but do yourself a favor and don't waste your time.

I was pretty sure this would happen as they have a pretty bad reseller rating but I figured I might as well be a dumbass and try myself, mostly because I'm still so pissed my camera got jacked to begin with I don't want to spend a ton replacing it.

Its all New York maffia.. This has been a problem for over a Decade.

Buy from Actual, Trusted Camera Vendors like Amazon, Wolf and Newegg.

yea, camera stores are by far the worst.. there aren't many online camera stores i'd even consider using, especially not one you I just happened on.

they tend to be templated scam sites..

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ is usually the only one i use online..

yea, camera stores are by far the worst.. there aren't many online camera stores i'd even consider using, especially not one you I just happened on.

they tend to be templated scam sites..

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/ is usually the only one i use online..

Having been to B&H's B&M store, I have to say it's the electronics mecca in NY. If they had more locations, they'd out-do BB in a minute.

http://beachcamera.com had cheaper prices on a camera I was looking at... cheaper than BH and was legit...

But yea, there are so many of those camera websites it's ridiculous, they are legitimate in the sense that if you spend $1000 in unnecessary and ridiculously overpriced accessories you will actually get your order. It's still a ridiculous strategy and should be banned.

just checekd my email and suprise suprise:

Unfortunately, your order with cameraaddict.com, order# 7xxxxxxx has been cancelled, due to the product unavailability.
If your credit card has been charged, you will be refunded within 24 hours.

If you have any further questions please email us at [email protected].

We apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.

Camera Addict

CC was not charged yet, do I need to do anything to close any potential holes??

Nah, these sites aren't going to do anything with your info, atleast I've never seen it reported... they're just shady with their prices... they advertise low prices for camera bodies or cameras by themselves, but if you don't buy accessories they cancel the order... that's all it is.

They pay $100 for accessories, upmark to $1000, sell you a $800 camera body for $500, but just made $900 in profit off the accessories, so they make like $600 :eek:

Back