will this psu be enough for an amd 2500+?

i currently have a 300w generic psu powering my old t-bird system, and i plan on upgrading the processor and mobo later on, but will this 300w psu be enough for an 2500+ ? I am not planning on doing any serious gaming or overclocking with the comp and its gona be a web surfing comp. Would i have to upgrade the psu later on?

Well, one of the biggest concerns in a jump like that is the amp distribution on the supply; The t-birds were powered off the +5v line, whereas the bartons are generally powered off the +12v line. What are the specs of the supply?

that +12 is low. you need one with somewhere around 17a. I would suggest 18-20a on the +12. Fortron has a very nice 300-350w unit and they don't cost much.

sure it happens all the time, it's just that it's marginal at best. you can try it,and i might work fine for a while. but when you add anything that draws more power, or add more things to your unit the likelihood of failure goes up threefold. actually 16a is marginal for anything with up to date hardware.

Back