Will there be a 38" UW OLED in 2024?

Zorachus

[H]F Junkie
Big fan of the 38" ultrawide size for gaming and desktop use. The resolution of 3840 X 1600 is just so nice.

I had the AW3820 and LOVED the size and shape but the picture quality sucked and looked washed out with light bleed.

I traded it for the AW3423DW OLED and holy cow the OLED is ten millions better. Jesus Christmas it's night and day better. But for me the 34" size is too small, I wish there was a 38" version.

So any chance LG or Alienware introduce a 38" Ultrawide in OLED?

One can hope for a 45-49 5k UW in a year or so from hopefully Samsung, after going QD OLED for both TV and monitor, even WOLEDs will be a letdown....

One can hope for a 45-49 5k UW in a year or so from hopefully Samsung, after going QD OLED for both TV and monitor, even WOLEDs will be a letdown....
It's being cooked right now in SD's laboratory. At least 2 sizes are coming next year, UW included.

I really like the LG 45" curved OLED monitor, but...the resolution sucks on that, yeah for gaming it's not really noticeable, but desktop use, the PPI is way too low.

45" should not be using a resolution same as a 34" display, 3440 x 1440 is perfect at 34" but for 45" it should be more like a unique 4550 x 1900 res or something.

I just dream of a 38" ultrawide in OLED, perfect size.

https://www.guru3d.com/story/updated-2024-oled-monitor-roadmap-revealed-in-reddit-ama/
https://80.lv/articles/32-inch-4k-oled-gaming-monitors-from-samsung-lg-are-coming-in-2024/
what-are-you-most-excited-for-looking-at-this-oled-roadmap-v0-65f7azdzskfb1.jpg
oled_panel_roadmap_aug2023-768x432 (1).jpg
widen_1840x0.jpeg
IMG_2385.png

39" Ultrawide OLED at 3440 X 1440 res, that's an interesting one. At least a better PPI than the 45" LG and Corsair

I don't see any indication of 4K ultrawides aka 5120x2160 though. I think some LG roadmap has a 45" model like that aimed for 2025, but we'll see.

For me anything less than 4K is a no go for OLED unless they move to RGB pixel structure or Windows/MacOS starts supporting oddball subpixel smoothing.

39" 3440x1440 is still not great PPI, similar to 46" 4K 16:9 screen.

Reactions: Xar
like this
My beef with 4k monitors is the 16:9 aspect ratio blows in gaming everything is too large and blown up looking, I much prefer 21:9, where you actually get to see more of the game world.

For me anything less than 4K is a no go for OLED unless they move to RGB pixel structure or Windows/MacOS starts supporting oddball subpixel smoothing.
I'm not holding my breath for a Glossy 4K 240Hz Adaptive-Sync RGB-OLED Monitor for the next 2 years. There aren't many advantages RGB-OLED has over QD-OLED & W-OLED when it comes to gaming which highly convince TCL (CSoT) to cut motherglass for those panels as soon as possible coupled with TCL's poor track records of delivering what they've presented on time.

I'm not holding my breath for a Glossy 4K 240Hz Adaptive-Sync RGB-OLED Monitor for the next 2 years. There aren't many advantages RGB-OLED has over QD-OLED & W-OLED when it comes to gaming which highly convince TCL (CSoT) to cut motherglass for those panels as soon as possible coupled with TCL's poor track records of delivering what they've presented on time.

Yeah I'm pretty sure standard RGB subpixels brings absolutely zero benefit when it comes to image quality. The only pro is that text will look better but people need to stop trying to use OLEDs for productivity anyway, it was never meant for that.

Yeah I'm pretty sure standard RGB subpixels brings absolutely zero benefit when it comes to image quality. The only pro is that text will look better but people need to stop trying to use OLEDs for productivity anyway, it was never meant for that.
Yup, it did nothing to IQ at all. And I don't think OLED users wanting to game and do Burn-in triggering tasks on the same monitor sounds convincing enough for TCL to pull the mass production trigger. The OLED landscape is pretty occupied with various sizes from LGD & SD coming up next year, not to mention the upcoming Blue Phosphorescent PHOLED which could improved Burn-in, Organic Degradation, IQ, and other aspects simultaneously.

Back