will extra vdimm take my crucial ddr400 to 250fsb?

theodork

Weaksauce
I've been trying to figure out exactly what can be expected from extra vdimm, but every source i find only gives me a vague idea. Some say it only allows for tighter timings and extra stability but not much more FSB.

I have a barton 2500+, crucial pc3200 512mb cl3, and Shuttle an35 ultra, right now im running it at 2.2ghz (11 * 200) at 1.65v with stock cooling, with normal timings. Temps hit around 55c with prime95 running blended torture test for a a few hours. i've been able to hit 2.4ghz (11 * 220) at 1.8v with stock cooling (gets hot, can't stress it) and this is with even looser timings. I cant really do stability testing because I'm still using the stock heatsink/fan.

I'm wondering how much higher my ram will go with added vdimm, my MB allows 2.6 and 2.7v, and i can volt mod it to bring it higher. Will this allow me to run my ram stably at around 250 and up? how high can i expect it to go? does crucial ram have a volt lock or something internally?

I'm asking because if the ram isn't expected to run stably much more than 220fsb, than i might as well get an ALX 800 heatsink, but if it can be expected to go higher I might want to get watercooling to tackle the heat. It would be bummerish if i bought watercooling and found out i was ram limited -___-

Thanks for any help!

Back