wierd blur

ictrlu

Weaksauce
Hey everyone, I just bought a NEC/Mistubishi Diamond Pro 930SB CRT. I notice this wierd blur thing going on towards the middle of my screen. Say for instance I open up 7 or 8 instances of Firefox so they span my toolbar...at the edges of the screen it is crystal clear...but as you go towards the middle it gets blurry...pretty big difference too. This is my first aperture grill CRT so I don't know if this is normal or what.I've installed the latest drivers for the monitor and my GPU and tried screwing with all the monitor controls...convergence, etc.TIA

Anyone who can help me fix this problem will recieve two gold stars :).

Adjust the focus. There are 2 holes on the left side of your monitor. You need a philips screwdriver 5" shank on it. Philips #2 worked on my top screw, but my bottom one required a #1 because it wasn't quite on center with the hole. I have a fp2141, but they are similar designs, mine is just 22". Anyways, monitor has 2 focus controls, and you have to adjust them both to get the best result. Also once you got your focus done, try working with your convergence a little on naviset.

When i first got my monitor it took a few days of adjustments to get it perfect. Course i'm super anal so you might be happy after a few min. BTW, use plastic handled screw drivers, don't want to run the risk of shocking yourself. Although you shouldn't run into anything that could shock you, you never know.

You sir...receive 4 gold stars...I saw that hole earlier today but when I looked inside I didnt see anything to "turn".I thought maybe it was a hole to hide stuff in or somethin ;).Thanks a lot man.

Back