Who's excited to see the Palm Pre'?

That Linux Guy

Limp Gawd
51999805_b811fe653d.jpg

"I know I am!"

Seriously though. I'm glad to see a new OS on the Palm.

Honestly, I'm actually looking forward to it. I like the slider design and the WebOS is a linux base, so it has some good potential. . . Just have to wait and see what the Palm Software Developers say about the new OS.

I'm glad Palm is back in the game, it's going to make everyone else work that much harder to make better phones. I'll never switch back to Sprint, but if that OS makes it's way onto a GSM carrier, I can't say I wouldn't pick one up.

I'm glad Palm is back in the game, it's going to make everyone else work that much harder to make better phones. I'll never switch back to Sprint, but if that OS makes it's way onto a GSM carrier, I can't say I wouldn't pick one up.

Agreed.

Palm Centrio (Or whatever its called), is horrible.

Yea, its interesting, but HTC said they had a better phone with android in the works, so im super excited for that

I think the keyboard sliding down instead of to the side ruins it.

I will be getting the 4G HTC w/ WM as my next phone. It is amazing how far back in tech the other carriers are behind Sprint.

I also agree that a Palm device with Android would be cool. I wish there were a cell phone that I could play around with different OSs like my computer. Palm OS is pretty nice IMO, but I wish I could give Android a run. The entire mobile software world is so.... closed.

Eragon, I too am excited to see other Android devices. The G1 looks nice, but I'm waiting to see what HTC, Motorola, and Nokia have in store for us.

And to brownaZn, the Palm Centro isn't horrible. I've been using mine for a while now and it's awesome. If that's your opinion then, so be it. To each their own.

I also agree that a Palm device with Android would be cool. I wish there were a cell phone that I could play around with different OSs like my computer. Palm OS is pretty nice IMO, but I wish I could give Android a run. The entire mobile software world is so.... closed.

Eragon, I too am excited to see other Android devices. The G1 looks nice, but I'm waiting to see what HTC, Motorola, and Nokia have in store for us.

And to brownaZn, the Palm Centro isn't horrible. I've been using mine for a while now and it's awesome. If that's your opinion then, so be it. To each their own.

You could download device simulators.

I agree that the Centro is a decent device. The aging OS is what really ruins the "wow" appeal of it.

Concerning the G1, HTC is the manufacturer of that device. Though I'm sure they'll produce another Android phone in 2009.

The Pre is an amazing device, I'm excited to see it in the wild. I'm a bit disappointed though, as I'm on AT&T and it's going to be a Sprint exclusive for awhile. At least all the major US wireless companies have an "exclusive" handset now.

The Pre looks promising, but these things always look great from far away.
I want to know what kind of phones Android will get in the next 4-5 months and people start putting out some hands -on reviews of the Pre before I make any decisions

I agree that the Centro is a decent device. The aging OS is what really ruins the "wow" appeal of it.

Concerning the G1, HTC is the manufacturer of that device. Though I'm sure they'll produce another Android phone in 2009.

The Pre is an amazing device, I'm excited to see it in the wild. I'm a bit disappointed though, as I'm on AT&T and it's going to be a Sprint exclusive for awhile. At least all the major US wireless companies have an "exclusive" handset now.

Theres gonna be a unlocked gsm version released soon after sprint gets one, it would suck if such a high tech device was only given to a mediocre carrier.

I am on ATT too and i cant wait for the unlocked version!

I love every bit of it except for the cheap shiny black plastic. Now, if it comes with an aluminum body, or at least feels as sturdy as the iphone, then I'm sold.

I love every bit of it except for the cheap shiny black plastic. Now, if it comes with an aluminum body, or at least feels as sturdy as the iphone, then I'm sold.

Yeah I'll agree with this. I also am not sure about that keyboard.

Theres gonna be a unlocked gsm version released soon after sprint gets one, it would suck if such a high tech device was only given to a mediocre carrier.

I am on ATT too and i cant wait for the unlocked version!

For a data centric phone I would much rather have Sprint than AT&T. AT&T's 3G network isn't as widespread as they would like you to believe. Also Sprint does have the lowest price plans including data around.

For a data centric phone I would much rather have Sprint than AT&T. AT&T's 3G network isn't as widespread as they would like you to believe. Also Sprint does have the lowest price plans including data around.

They also have the lowest educated customer service people i have ever spoken to.
A big NO to Sprint anything for me.

i'm excited about the pre and i have high hopes for it.

i am concerned about it's current lack of Flash (it's 2009, wtf). and i'm also worried about the caliber of apps. right now, the iphone seems to have the best apps (i've barely heard anything about android apps).

i'm holding out for a hands on review and some real app demonstrations.

I know what you mean. I have unlimited data on my phone. If had support for Flash v9, I'd be the one who made Sprint implement a data cap. I'd plug my phone in whenever I'm not home and be on hulu.com all day. You can get unofficial support for Flash v5, but no one really uses that anymore. For some odd reason, my phone can use Kinoma to play Youtube videos, but nothing else.

I'm hoping Palm's new OS will be more open so the Open Source community can help it really bloom into a truly awesome mobile experience. I also hope it features backward-compatibility with existing Garnett apps. I've already fallen in love with TCPMP and LJP, not to mention TuSSH and Opera Mini.

Seriously, if the palm pre has fully featured desktop flash from the start, and freaking java, i need a phone with java support! and a wicked fast wi-fi or 3g connection, as in the videos from hulu start playing instantly, without ever seeing a buffering popup, and the ability to play runescape (just so i have something to play on my phone while im mobile :p) and serious 3rd party support with a REAL sdk, not just a web based one, i will buy this phone the day a 3g unlocked version hits.

I would also require either a very bitchin' included browser (Blazer is terrible at redrawing pages), or full OperaMini support. Right now, my Palm Centro doesn't fully take OperaMini. It'll crash if at random or if I try to scroll too fast. When it locks up, nothing else to do hard reset by reseating the battery. :mad:

And it has to have a fuckin' 3.5mm headphone jack. I've had at least 6 different 2.5mm to 3.5mm headphone adapters that don't work right with my Centro. The last one I'm ordering is direct from Palm. If that doesn't work, you'll hear me yell no matter where in the world you reside.:eek:

I would also require either a very bitchin' included browser (Blazer is terrible at redrawing pages), or full OperaMini support. Right now, my Palm Centro doesn't fully take OperaMini. It'll crash if at random or if I try to scroll too fast. When it locks up, nothing else to do hard reset by reseating the battery. :mad:

And it has to have a fuckin' 3.5mm headphone jack. I've had at least 6 different 2.5mm to 3.5mm headphone adapters that don't work right with my Centro. The last one I'm ordering is direct from Palm. If that doesn't work, you'll hear me yell no matter where in the world you reside.:eek:

Both of these features have been confirmed!

Back