White Antec Twelvehundred with other mods

NUK04

n00b
Since my Motherboard has stopped working I have been modding this case just cause I thought it would look better like this, Let me know what you guys think about it.

original case

oiA8SfJ.jpg

painted the exterior white:

JgUYAYG.jpg

wUMP9yo.jpg

27v5E8t.jpg

Lwhku3t.jpg

enQoWDi.jpg

then i made a few cut outs on the back plate for CPU watercooling brackets can general cable management, I also made a small cut out for sata cables to run though on the side of the HDD rack next to the window as I plan to mount my SSD there:

m4faYOA.jpg

also made a cut out on the top for a 240 rad:

h1QMRxp.jpg

and a PSU cut out so that the power supply can be mounted with the fan on the bottom so it draws air in from the bottom and not from the graphics card:

YT0M2Ro.jpg

yFCcs8R.jpg

I had painted all of the case fans white since I wasn't planning on replacing the fans any time soon but in the future I might get some Gelid wings and some silverstone AP122 or something along those lines:

yH0k7yf.jpg

X9H6y8O.jpg

Y8x5mP7.jpg

2m84H2f.jpg

ok now this is what made this modding worth it, I have made a much larger window and replace the plastic with tinted blue acrylic 3mm it looks amazing can't wait till I get my Motherboard and finish the build:

52G8gxn.jpg

FDOjUwH.jpg

0XmnAgn.jpg

DJBN6wp.jpg

UYeVVfy.jpg

uJxoxdu.jpg

zD9kAwb.jpg

Oh one thing I forgot to mention i painted the inside gloss black so that the light inside the case will bounce off of everything and hopefully create a nice effect, one of the finer details that is a simple thing to do but is really effective was spray painting the thumb screws that hold the PCI cards and the HDD racks in gold really adds a nice effect to the case.

anyway let me know what you thing or any other ideas that I might be able to add later.

I really like the bigger window on the side. I think cases looks better when the window is almost the whole side panel and not just a little portion. I mean whats the point of having a window at all if you can hardly see anything through it.

Looks good!
The extra holes I bet help a lot with cable management and air flow, and I really like the white with that big side window.

Yeah I really like the way the window turned out it looks amazing, I have to see how well the cable management cut out works when I finish the build but yeah really looking forward to it.

So I've bought my motherboard again and finished the build sorry that I haven't shown much of it actually being built but hope you enjoy it anyway :)

n1q0nUu.jpg

47jtxEH.jpg

FM65Qbj.jpg

UnCdwgH.jpg

Q69ovo9.jpg

mbo54OO.jpg

e4Oaw4R.jpg

ZWXzhQf.jpg

gbrk48y.jpg

CkZ3gOI.jpg

UximtoA.jpg

x5HUnWM.jpg

whkigop.jpg

H3eu8CA.jpg

ezXLKAC.jpg

OekUncW.jpg

and here is what im using this awesome pc with

ptCGF4k.jpg

Two Bose interaudio SA 500 speakers plus 2 JVC speakers

QZ5TT8P.jpg

and this awesome AV which is a Sansui RZ-7700AV

YffiAz1.jpg

The keyboard and mouse im using are my Razer Mamba 2012 edition and my Roccat Isku Keyboard which when i have the money will be upgrading to a corsair K90 or K95 depending on whether they release it here,

gmekBxK.jpg

9iWybTC.jpg

one thing I really love about this CPU cooler is how good it performs and yet looks so awesome I mean with out this thing I wouldn't have been able to OC my 3570K to 4.8 GHz
truly and awesome budget pc cooling solution.

7m7z4bN.jpg

Thanks for you interest guys Let me Know if you have any suggestions about anything I should do with this pc. Oh one last thing, I haven't given it a name and since I can't come up with a good one I'm curious to see what you guys think I should call it?

Thanks I put alot of effort into the case to try and make it look nicer and I think its paid off. Oh and i finished OCing it just before and got a final OC of 5 GHz on the 3570k so I'm very happy with that.

I have ran prime 95 for about 9 hours without any errors/issues, temps are about 29 degrees Celsius on idle and 70 on full load.

X66ddtV.jpg

UmWmF9r.jpg

Looks great. I really like the side window and push/pull radiator inside the case. Makes me want to tinker with my 1200 that isn't being used right now. What tool did you use to do cut the metal on the case?

I use a dremel with just an ordinary cutting disk, I found the non-reinforced disks left a cleaner cut, which is what I used for the corners and then I used a jigsaw to cut the straights.

Man looks good! I have my 1200 sitting since I switched to a raven02. I want to mod it, but haven't had the time. I've only cutout the back mesh to run an all in one loop from inside to out. It was kinda ghetto, but kept the temps extremely low. I drilled 1" holes on the bottom for the psu. I didn't have a Dremel at the time. I made the side panel accept multiple fans as well.

I like the mod! Badass!

Last edited:
I like what you did with your Antec case and the color scheme. It seems like white cases are gaining popularity. The side window looks amazing too! :D

Thanks guys, I just wish I had some more money and wish things like cable sleeving was easier to find in Aus but ill get round to ordering some from the US and truly making this colour scheme work.

Nicely done, I agree that white cases are making a comeback. Antec should take note and start producing some white case. I sure if they seen your they would agree.

Yeah they really should. I'm looking forward to the eighteen hundred being released and seeing what people do with that. I might even get one and do a couple of simple mods to it.

Amazing temps and clock speeds! I love it, I have the same processor but cant run it that high anymore.. Cant risk burning it out.

Reactions: NUK04
like this
Back