Which Ram do i get with this setup?crucial?mushkin?corsair?ocz?

Yankeez

Limp Gawd
im going to be using

ASUS "P4C800 DELUXE" i875P
Intel Pentium 4/ 3.2C GHz 800MHz

i wanted 1 GB of ram i was wondering what i should go with i dont plan on OC'ing but i wouldnt mind having ram that gives me the option to OC it sometime down the road....if that makes sense

only wanna spend around like $270 or less on ram

Thanks

1) Wrong forum
2) Double post (since someone moved your post)
3) Yankees suck :D

if you dont plan on overclocking, get pc 3200 with the latencies as low as possible, either the mushkin lvl2 or the ocz with 2-2-2 latencies.

Ya wrong forum, but if u got the money go with corsair first then OCZ of Kingston second.

Caliche

With that Mobo I'd go for the Mushkin PC3200 level 1 or Mushkin Special 2-2-2 if you have it in the budget...Level 2 is BH-5 and unavailable either one you can't go wrong ! Mushkin is simply the best and extreamely reliable and their tech support is amazing (no I don't work for them)
twajetmech

Comparing against manufacturers of ram is stupid...none of them make their own stuff, you have to compare against specific modules...some ocz ram is better then corsair, and vice versa....I would recommend the new corsair xl 2225 but it's probably more then $270....ocz just released some 2228 pc3200 which will probably be just as good....another idea would be kingston hyperx pc4000, best buy has it on sale for $129 for 512mb that would put you at $275 with tax and will allow you to oc, plus run decent timings.....

desta23 said:
Comparing against manufacturers of ram is stupid...none of them make their own stuff, you have to compare against specific modules...

Well, Crucial is part of Micron, but that's the only one that I know of.

some quality 3200 is really all you need. With the mulitplier that a 3.2 P4 will have a little bump of the fsb is all its gonna take. Hell, he'll hit over 3.5ghz with a 220mhz fsb, something just about all quality 3200 will do. My vote is for a set of OCZ Platinum 3200. Its got great timmings at stock (2-5-3-2) and will overclock extremely well. My experience with them has been nothing but excellent.

Back