Which Cooler Master case?

DaveX

[H]ard|Gawd
I am debating what Cooler Master case to get. I wanted to get Antec at first because of the cheap price and good included psu but the hard drive mounting on the Sonata or SLK3700BQE is not very watercooling friendly.

Should I get the Cooler Master Wave? Should I get the Cooler Master ATC-111C-SX2? The 110B-SX1? What's the difference? Which one is the most watercooling friendly? Why do the black versions cost so much more? Is www.sundialmicro.com a good place to get them?

I just got the wavemaster, and I'm pretty happy with it. The only problem thus far is the limiting front air intake. As far as which one would be best for watercooling, I believe the interior of all those are almost identical, so they would all be ok. Check on some of the watercooling threads to see how people have been able to fit it all in... If I remember right, there are quite a few coolermasters pictured. I believe it starts HERE

Which vendor - check around for prices - that Sundial place is the best place I've found for pre-made windowed doors for these cases. I personally got my case from the local microcenter, it was on sale for $139 + tax I think. (20% off normal price)

I've looked at the pics in the whole thread before. Lets just say there aren't many Cooler Master Waves...:(

well they aren't all really "watercooling friendly".

The internals of almost all coolermaster models are pretty much the same.

The best thing to do for watercooling (which I'm going to do) is cut a 120mm hole at the top of the case, and mount the heatercore up there.
I've got the ATC111C-SX2 case, and a JR-120 heatercore from dtek will fit in quite snugly.

What about where the 2 front 80mm fan intakes are? Not wide enough to fit a dual 120mm Black Ice Radiator? It seems easier that way.

Back