Whats up with Internet Explorer?!

when i clcik a link on my destop now it says that "this file doesnt have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel"

what the hell?! my internet explor and sites wortk though, i but i cant clcik shortcuts on my computer or on AIM.

can anyone please help me? please?:confused:

This should probably be posted over in the OS section, your links got messed up, just make new ones or fix them.

Originally posted by mjones73
This should probably be posted over in the OS section, your links got messed up, just make new ones or fix them.

well it does have to do with internet, plus all links are like that, even new ones

what happens if you right click, and try open with? Or select program or something... then select ie, and make sure the box "always use this program to open this type of file"

Open up IE got to tools then internet options, in the new windows select the programs tab, at the bottom there is a check box; "Internet explorer should check to see if its the default browser" make sure thats checked. Restart IE it should find that it's not the default browser and restroe its self. If not then you have to set the file associations.

so i think i got one step closer to the problem, when i right clciked the link, one of the choices says "MyIE" which is a program i installed a while ago for surifng the web. and then i uninstalled it, and thats when the proiblems started happening, so how do i get rid of it? ugh, it wont go away

Back