What should I partition my HD into...

jamezzz122

Supreme [H]ardness
I have a 80GB that I will run in my Shuttle and was wondering what you recommend for my partitions...I was thinking a 30GB fr OS, games, and programs and then a 50GB for songs, videos, pics, etc...What do you guys think I should do?

yeah, that sounds good to me but I'd even do this:

25GBs for OS (partition C)

35GBs for music, pics, etc....

20GBs for storage space like important downloads, hardware drivers so you dont have to stick a CD in everytime you decide to reformat and other things that may be important like documents and such.

Originally posted by EnderW
Why so much for the OS? I'd do 10GB max.

And checkout this site:
http://partition.radified.com/

well, I said 25GBs because I'd sometimes run into space problems when I'd try to rip a DVD on a 10GB OS partition.

25GBs eliminates that problem and some.

Originally posted by ozziegn
well, I said 25GBs because I'd sometimes run into space problems when I'd try to rip a DVD on a 10GB OS partition.

25GBs eliminates that problem and some.
Interesting. You aren't ripping the DVD onto the 10GB partition, are you?

What other problems have you had with small partitions?

I have an 80GB HD, and I use about 10GB or so for my OS. Then I split it in half. One half for Games and Apps, the other half for storage.

Alex

that advanced partitioning link addresses seperating registry dependent apps from the OS partition,
but personally I always install them together,
just a whole lot simpler ( I then image them for backup)

Originally posted by Ice Czar
but personally I always install them together,
just a whole lot simpler ( I then image them for backup)
Same here. It just seems like too much trouble for what would most likely be a negligable gain in performance.

Back