What should I get, an AP/Router, or a Wireless router?

Out50Stang

[H]ard|Gawd
Heres the deal, I've been researching and I can't find the answer to my question. I have 1 computer downstairs which is right next to the cable modem, I want to be able to connect wirelessly to my computer upstairs and be able to share files and and browse the internet, From what I read, and Access point won't allow me to do this.

I also want to just plug in the downstairs computer which will be sitting next to the router, no sense in getting a wireless card for a computer which will be directly next to the router.

I found this router:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage...21407&type=product&productCategoryId=cat01029

Which I am very interested in, but will it allow me to share files? I also want a good Firewall like the wired Linksys router I have at home offers me, as well as encryption

I have that router it works well. I have 3 wired PCs on it and my Ps2 wireless. It will allow you to share files. I have file sharing setup on all three PCs. One of the PCs is a server and the setup was as easy as it could be.

What do you mean your have a server?

I just want one wired PC and one wireless, in which they can both share files and internet, with a GOOD firewall and encryption.

Will this do it?

Back