What old games would you like to see ported to iOS/Android?

UnknownSouljer

[H]F Junkie
I've been thinking about this for a while as a recently converted iPad gamer. The iPad, has kind of resurrected gaming for me as it has addressed a lot of the problems that I've had with traditional platform or PC based gaming. But that's all for another thread.

The game that really comes to my mind that I would go apeshit over if they ported it to iPad without a doubt goes to:

Fallout and Fallout 2.
I have no idea if Bethesda has plans to port old games to mobile platforms, but it seems to be that the hex moving, turn based, rpg nature of Fallout would be a perfect fit. They could even slightly upgrade the assets from 800x600 to 1024x768 and fix all the bugs that Interplay didn't have the funds to do with the originals. Because it's primarily a mouse based game to begin with, that would be really easy to turn it into a touch based game.

Square-Enix has clearly shown that there is a market for such ports bringing over FF: Tactics and the remade FF3. I would play out the wazoo specifically for those 2 games.

How about you? What games would you like to see ported, and why?

I'm not sure these would necessarily translate well into a tablet control scheme, but here goes :

(All the LucasArts adventure games)
Populous 2
Pac in Time
Terminal Velocity
Duke Nukem 3D
Evolva
MDK
Crusader - No Remorse / Regret
Heroes of Might and Magic
Worms
Jazz Jackrabbit
Jill of the Jungle
Commander Keen
Legend of Kyrandia
Under a Killing Moon
The Pandora Directive
Space Quest

The Crusader series I think is a good call. It was one of those games that was instantly cool, but it suffered from a poor control scheme that makes going back and playing it uncomfortable... at least to me. They could probably make that game excellent on iOS.

Been playing around with Master of Orion 2 in a dosbox emulator and it's been rather entertaining. I think it'd do really well with a native port that had a true touchscreen interface and better performance.

I agree with Final Fantasy: Tactics and heck, FF4-6 with true touch interface would have me spending all kinds of money.

Tactics has been ported to iPhone but it's not a universal app, so it's iPhone only for now. Masters of Orion would work well. I think that any old strategy would work frankly.

Back