What do ya think?

CarpetHair

Limp Gawd
I finally oc'd my cpu for the first time. It's a P4 2.4B [2397mhz] and I got it stable at 2671mhz. I had it up to 2707, and 3dmark01SE would run for a couple seconds then crash to desktop. Is using 3Dmark a good way to measure stability? Also, anyone think I should be able to go further with my oc? Or is this about average with my cpu. I have good cooling btw.

Also ran 3dmark03 and picked up almost 200 points, and almost 1000 on 3dmark01. Pretty cool.

hmm what Heatsink and fan u got its not listed in ur sig, unless its the stock cooler. I think ur board is holding u back the Sis645 isnt the best chipset, for o/cing, Intel chipsets r much better/ not motherboards. As i have learned the 2.4B with the B0 stepping isnt a good o/cer

Originally posted by wilson502
hmm what Heatsink and fan u got its not listed in ur sig, unless its the stock cooler. I think ur board is holding u back the Sis645 isnt the best chipset, for o/cing, Intel chipsets r much better/ not motherboards. As i have learned the 2.4B with the B0 stepping isnt a good o/cer

I have a Cooler Master Jet4. Everything I have is Cooler Master. I'm gonna buy a new motherboard and cpu when the Prescotts come out. I know this mobo is shit, just trying to squeeze out a little more from it.

Soyo makes good boards, just the chipset sucks :( hmm, prescotts.... even though i have intel, id get an AMD 64, unless prescotts o/c insanely. They seem to have more potential, the ability to run 64 bit apps. Intel wont have a 64 bit CPU for desktops for a couple for of years.

Back