What are we using to overclock AMD GPU's on Windows These Days?

Zarathustra[H]

Extremely [H]
It's been a while since I went team red.

Is the good old MSI Afterburner still good, or would I be more successful with something else?

1633547989608.png

ab works for me. or you can use the radeon software.
Good to know. I don't know what the Radeon software is these days. Last time I went AMD all there was was the Catalyst Control Center which was a little underwhelming, but it sounds like things have improved on that side.

Good to know AB still works well. I like having the integrated RivaTuner stats open on one of my side screens while in game to keep track of things. I'm sure there are other solutions, but this way I can just go right off the bat.

Good to know. I don't know what the Radeon software is these days. Last time I went AMD all there was was the Catalyst Control Center which was a little underwhelming, but it sounds like things have improved on that side.

Good to know AB still works well. I like having the integrated RivaTuner stats open on one of my side screens while in game to keep track of things. I'm sure there are other solutions, but this way I can just go right off the bat.
open the performance/tuning tab and look at all the settings, its good now. i think that the radeon overlay can do all that but i havent tried.

Use AMD's driver control panel. The only reason to use afterburner on an AMD card nowadays, is if you want to try their voltage hacks. or if you prefer some of the extra monitoring which is possible in afterburner. However, AMD's driver also has pretty good monitoring options built into their overlay, now. you may not need anything extra.

I can't use AMD control panal for auto overclock gpu because it makes the fan profile change to a flat line with no ramp up pre gpu temp as it wants 50% or less fan speed while gpu is cookin around 82c and climbing .

I can't use AMD control panal for auto overclock gpu because it makes the fan profile change to a flat line with no ramp up pre gpu temp as it wants 50% or less fan speed while gpu is cookin around 82c and climbing .

Interesting.

At least I won't have to worry about that as I I use a water block in a custom loop.

I do still like Afterburner though. I'll have to decide what to use. In the end it willl likely be determined by which one has the most comprehensive features to help me hit the best overclock.

You can OC in the Radeon Settings (Control Panel) or open up the panel while your are in your game and OC while playing or use your phone with AMD Link to OC your video card while monitoring performance on your phone. I've found the AMD software to be the most flexible (you can profile each and every game with its own OC profile and all other settings), works great for the most part.

Edit: Link is now limited to the different OC profiles, it still has the manual selection but it no longer works or does not work with the 6000 series for manual OCing (use to work on other cards). Still can use it for monitoring, remote game play using your phone as a controller etc.

Last edited:
Back