What antivirus are you using?

djdk

Limp Gawd
I need to get a new antivirus and I haven't bought one for a long time. Anyway, I have always used Norton in the past, but it seems like a lot of people are having problems with the latest versions of Mcafee and Norton. So, what antivirus are you using and are you happy with it?

It's all opinionated. I had bad experiences with Norton so I use McAfee 7.0 Enterprise. It has never let me down, but you have to disable it when you install software. You should do that w/ any virus protection though...

NOD32. Easily the best AV in the industry. It keeps winning 100% Virus Bulletin awards over and over. They've won the past 24 well ahead of Norton, Mcafee, etc etc etc etc. No virus can get past this antivirus program.

Originally posted by Stinger836
Norton AV Corporate...just gotta love it.

I'm using Corporate 8.1. Works awesome and uses very little system resources. I install it, and don't think about it, which is exactly what you want.

Another vote for NOD32.

I've used Norton in the past, but NOD32 seems to be much less intrusive in terms of how it integrates with Windows.

Originally posted by djnes
I'm using Corporate 8.1. Works awesome and uses very little system resources. I install it, and don't think about it, which is exactly what you want.

Agreed I would use NOD32 but hated the Automatic Updates. I couldn't figure out how to turn it off. :(

NOD32 hands down, or AVG if you want free. Norton isnt what it used to be, they produce virus definition updates very slowly, usually after the virus is widespread, and even then the detection for some virus' is very poor. Theres nothing more lame than switching from Norton to a different AV package only to find virus's that have been on your computer a while that Norton missed completely.

NOD32 has my attention. Maybe I'll give it a shot. Thanks a lot!

I use norton for corps here, works well enough for me ( smallish network ).

Using Mcaffe 7 Home (Last years version not the horrible 8) Works well and isnt intrusive, just sits there and does its job, i update it on my one on wends (Thats when Dats seem to come out) when i get home. Works well however i will probably move to F-port after Mcafee stops making Dats for it. Has anyone heard good things about F-Prot? I would try NoD32 if i knew you could disable auto update, that guy above said he couldnt. That would be a must for me on dial up, i want to choose when updates are installed.

it bugged the sh$$ out of me how the newer mcafee products have to integrate that whole securitycenter suite into your machine-- it's extremely annoying. i tried norton, but it didn't like me.. so i give another nod to nod32

Why is my etrust antivirus now giving me a etrust antivirus out of date warning whenever I use it I go to update it and nothing happens I got the link off of here I thought this was supposed to be free for like 2 years. I'm not a huge fan of AVG anyone know another good free program ? Or know whats up with my etrust?

m0unds, Mcafee 7 doesnt require Security center, its optional and i sure dont use that junk. :-p Can you turn off auto update in NoD32? And has anyone heard anything good about F-prot, i am thinking ill only get another year out of Mcafee till they cut updates to 7

You can easily turn off the autoupdate function in NOD32. Go to the 'update' function and change it from automatic to offer. Simple as that.

Back