wet monitor

Deity

Limp Gawd
Quick question.

leaky roof + 19inch CRT

will it ever be the same?

currently drying under a fan before testing.

Thanks

Aaron

I would let is sit for quite a while to make sure it's dry. It should be okay though.

quite a while means like at least a week i believe, perhaps?

Yeah I would definatly let it sit in a dry location for a couple days at least.

Did it get wet while it was on? if it was off you have a pretty good chance.

If you can, see if you can give the circuit board a wipedown, because its not hte water that conducts electricity, its the minerals in it. If there are minerals left behind after evaporation, it might bridge two parts.

Hope it works

i left my moniter over night in my car after a lan party. In the morning it was covered in dew. I plugged it in and it went snap crackle pop. I quickly unplugged it and let it sit for a couple days and it works fine after that, but I used it as an excuse to upgrade to a 19in moniter :p

Originally posted by d03boy
If you can, see if you can give the circuit board a wipedown, because its not hte water that conducts electricity, its the minerals in it. If there are minerals left behind after evaporation, it might bridge two parts.

Hope it works

But for goodness sake be careful poking around inside a CRT...There are some capacitors and such in there that store a charge long after being unplugged, and can give quite the nasty shock.

Let it dry for a few days, it should be fine. 5-7 days minimum.

we put it under a fan for about 24 hours, after that we fired it up and its OK!!!!

Thanks guys

-Aaron

Back