Weird sound card issue...

RichardParry

Supreme [H]ardness
Okies, my work pc, which has a Soltek SL75DRV5 motherboard seems to have developed a very strange background hum/hiss.... clicky noise :eek:

I have been using the same setup now for about a year, no problems, I use headphones to listen to music (same headphones and everything else), but only a few days ago I noticed a very strange hiss coming from the headphones....

The hiss only happens when I move my mouse or a window around, which is super annoying, its a very quiet hiss, which I can just about hear, and the office is not super quiet...

I have tried moving my monitor around, trying a different mouse, trying different headphones, but I can still hear the weird hiss, has something gone wrong with the soundcard ? I have seen this before on older systems (e.g. Pentium 100 for example), when scrolling a browser window makes a real loud hiss or distorts the sound (I assume there is not enough bandwidth between the graphics and audio PCI bus ?)

Help is very much welcome...

Have you tried updating the onboard drivers, and perhaps throwing on the latest bios

Originally posted by vigor
Have you tried updating the onboard drivers, and perhaps throwing on the latest bios

yeap, latest firmware (I will check tomorrow though) and should be the latest onboard driver (again, I will check), I am not at work at the moment...

if its gonna be a pain to find the fault, I will just get the company to buy me a new sound card.... ;)

Back