WaterChill Water Cooling HELP!!

[BB] Rick James

[H]ard Dawg
Well for starters the system leaks where the valves are; WTF is up with that? 2nd the pump it came with sucks nuts; it barely/doesn't put the water throughout the system.

Has anyone else had any experiences with WaterChill?

Ok so i got the pump issue resolved. I had some leaking but I stopped it so I think I'm good to go.. I had it running last night and no leaks what so ever and my temps appear to be pretty good.

I had leaks on my first test. I was using way too much tubing, cut the long parts down, made very sure they were nice cuts, put it all back together, is now working like a charm.

Now that the machine is back up, I can dump the pics from my camera and make a worklog.

eastvillager said:
I had leaks on my first test. I was using way too much tubing, cut the long parts down, made very sure they were nice cuts, put it all back together, is now working like a charm.

Now that the machine is back up, I can dump the pics from my camera and make a worklog.

Hey man...

Shoot me your email address and I'll shoot you some pics of my rig with my water cooling set up. I think it looks pretty good but I think I need to cut down the tubing a bit.

when i first set up my chiller rig i had huge flow problems attributed to the fact that my chiller has about a 10L tank in it and I had everthing ripped outta my case so that I could A.) insulate it
B.) put it together
C.) get it working (no way to close the doors on the case because it is a double sided server case)

anyways long story short the hose ran from one side of my desk to the other ..... bad fsking idea .... way to much tubing ... but its a good example!
because of the amount of water that is kept in the res of a chiller the less obsticales u have obsturucting the pump the better ur cooling is going to be becuase most new waterblocks take advantage of high flow rates there fore if u have low flow rate the amount of cooling u add is only porportional to ur pump

P.S. post some temps! I have seen very few temp listings from pre fab chilling to DIY chilling and I would love to compare!

well, using abiteq and the latest ic7-g bios, I get this during typical load, with the waterchill running at the 7v fan settings, and an antec true 480 running the rear fan at around 1400 rpm:

30c sys
39c cpu
34.5c pwm

oh, this is a system with a p4 3.4, a 9700pro aiw, two 74 gig raptors, two 180gig deskstars, a cdrw, a DVD+/-R, and a creative audigy 2 zs.

eastvillager said:
well, using abiteq and the latest ic7-g bios, I get this during typical load, with the waterchill running at the 7v fan settings, and an antec true 480 running the rear fan at around 1400 rpm:

30c sys
39c cpu
34.5c pwm

oh, this is a system with a p4 3.4, a 9700pro aiw, two 74 gig raptors, two 180gig deskstars, a cdrw, a DVD+/-R, and a creative audigy 2 zs.

Right now my WaterChill (Asetek) is running my CPU temp at 36C. The fan comes with 2 settings; a 7V setting and a 12V setting. The 12V runs the fan faster but I've only got it on 7V to try and keep the noise down a bit. I'm not real familiar with Water-Cooled Temps are mine decent? The room temp is actually kind of warm since my PC room is upstairs. I've been gone all day and the upstairs is fricking cooking right now.

I'm running an acrylic case with 2 UV lights inside. I've got some green UV die running through my pipes; it looks pretty cool. The case I'm using came with 2 pre-cut holes in the side of the case for fans; since I’m not using them I figured I'd run the system without the side of the case for a while. I mean the case is acrylic and you can see through it anyway so really what the difference is.

This is my first water-cooled system and so far I'm pretty happy with it!

Those temps sound about right. I am currently doing a review on the WaterChill Antartiica and stock temps at idle stay around 39C with my IC7-G.

Back