Water flickers in BF2! Why?

plasma

Gawd
I have a X2 3800 7800GT SLI setup, and BF2 looks awesome except for the water. the water has a bad flicker or shimmer to it, almost like scan lines on a monitor or tv!

Has anyone else expierenced this?

I read somewhere that if you dont have the nvidia desktop manager set to aplication controlled it can cause this so i changed it to that, but it still does it?

I have the latest bf2 patch, and was wondering what else to do? Would the dual core windows patch fix this possibly? should I try new video drivers, and if so which ones?

thanks

ok here's 2 screenshots I made quick. The fickering doesnt show up that well in the screenshot but its the part of the water closest to me

bf26sl.jpg

bf217pl.jpg

I blame drivers for that. But then again, BF2 is such a buggy POS anyway. I don't play it anymore, it sits and collects dust.

Coldtronius said:
I blame drivers for that. But then again, BF2 is such a buggy POS anyway. I don't play it anymore, it sits and collects dust.

QFT

Try the newest ones at nvidia.com?

it's not the drivers, I had 7800GT (single) with the setup I have in my sig and I never, not once, encountered such thing.
Try disconnecting second GT and see if you get the same result. Post back.

Plasma - The 84.21 drivers are the newest ones and they support your vid card. You could also try the 84.56 beta drivers.

The "shimmering" effect is a well-known driver compatibility issue with Nvidia cards. I had that problem with my 7800GT but installing the newest drivers fixed it. There are also several settings inside the driver control panel that can be tweaked to see what image quality changes.

Ok i'm downloading the 84.21 drivers now. I will let you know what happens. Thanks :)

plasma said:
Ok i'm downloading the 84.21 drivers now. I will let you know what happens. Thanks :)

Read the ForceWare tweak guide at www.tweakguides.com and that will give you mega information on the best settings in your driver control panel.

Hope it works!

yeah i hope it works too. Should I download rivatuner? someone told me that it has lots of tweaking options, monitors temps etc?

For all the features and freedom that BF2 has and all the simultaneous crap going on when 64 players are running, driving, shooting, swimming, flying, commanding, climbing, repairing, healing, resupplying, etc.... BF2 is really not that buggy at all.

It is most definitely stable enough to enjoy for hours on end, which is proven by the overall addictiveness of the game and sheer amount of players/servers.

Back