Water Cooled X800XT-PT

Vagrant Zero said:
So? The 6800Us aren't out yet but Gainward will be releasing a watercooled one later this month. :rolleyes:

With 1/4" fittings, I wouldn't exactly call the Gainward's water cooling solution a plus.

aldamon said:
With 1/4" fittings, I wouldn't exactly call the Gainward's water cooling solution a plus.

1/2" ID users could say the same thing about you. Innovateks gear is good quality, and can certainly cool better than a standard fan.

fallguy said:
1/2" ID users could say the same thing about you. Innovateks gear is good quality, and can certainly cool better than a standard fan.

1/4" fittings and tubing compromise performance. 3/8" fittings are barely a compromise if you use 1/2" ID tubing. I'm glad Innovatek users will have a stock watercooled video card to buy. It certainly won't appeal to everyone.

aldamon said:
1/4" fittings and tubing compromise performance. 3/8" fittings are barely a compromise if you use 1/2" ID tubing. I'm glad Innovatek users will have a stock watercooled video card to buy. It certainly won't appeal to everyone.

I never said it would appeal to everyone. Even if you use 1/2" ID it wont matter, your fittings are 3/8".

Snubbing your nose at Exos users is pretty childish though.

fallguy said:
I never said it would appeal to everyone. Even if you use 1/2" ID it wont matter, your fittings are 3/8".

Snubbing your nose at Exos users is pretty childish though.

I think you need to look into the effect 1/2" ID tubing has on flowrate regardless of fitting size. Anyway, I never brought up Exos users. I simply don't think Gainward's solution is smart. Maybe if the provided different fitting sizes it would be more appealing to me.

aldamon said:
I think you need to look into the effect 1/2" ID tubing has on flowrate regardless of fitting size. Anyway, I never brought up Exos users. I simply don't think Gainward's solution is smart. Maybe if the provided different fitting sizes it would be more appealing to me.

I did look into it. I even posted about it here, about 2 years go, with many pics and benches. I had a full Swiftech setup, with a 1048 Eheim pump. I used 3/8" ID tubing, and then 1/2" ID tubing. They temps were between 1-2c, which is easily the margine for error. The water still has to go thru the smaller fitting, it didnt matter which size hose I used in my test.

Yes, that was another user, sorry for that.

ereshkigal said:
Anyone seen any of these being made that come watercooled yet.

According to my supplier, I'll have my Sapphire by friday. Since the WB uses the same mounting, I'll post the results then. (IF my supplier isn't BS'ing) :p

He wasn't B/Sing after all. I just received my tracking #, so I'll have some H2O results this weekend.

Back