War3 on Touchable screen!

Video link has been shortened and has "...." in it which is invalid and gives me a 404.

Went to view the IGN video and it has to buffer every 3 seconds, obviously because IGN blows. Looked cool though.

Luxor said:
Video link has been shortened and has "...." in it which is invalid and gives me a 404.

Went to view the IGN video and it has to buffer every 3 seconds, obviously because IGN blows. Looked cool though.

fixed it... sorry about that.

Finally they put that thing to good use! Now it just needs to become available at newegg or mwave.

I want one.

It is much cooler then a mouse but it almost seems slower then using hotkeys and stuff. I would love to try it out though. Voice commands are awsome though.

I'm sure if you had some practice with it it would be faster than hotkeys because you still have to direct units with the mouse, and que up commands, while on the table you could be using both hands at once with the voice commands. the voice commands however wouldn't be very usable with a multiplayer game with two people using the table. Unless of course you could co-op the table. Have 2 or 3 players all playing as one team, all with headsets and all manipulating the players. With this method you could be on par with the compter in micro management. Just divide up each person to control one or two groups or types of units. Imagine being able to control spellcasters, infantry, and ranged all at the exact same time. That would change RTS gaming as we know it.

this may also be the event that makes gaming more interactive with people, and people seeking out good people to play with in person instead of only having social interaction online.

edit: anybody else notice that he was using a cheatcode when fighting in that group at the end, he isn't getting damage and is doing one hit kills, seems to be the whosyourdaddy code.

I want to see him beat someone in a ladder game before I say that is practical... It's damn cool though.

I don't like War3 but damn...I've always wanted something like that for RTS style games..

Back