Want to get a DVD burner suggestions????

Baker

2[H]4U
So I want to get up-to-date, and upgrade my Current 32X/10X/40x Sony CD-RW drive to the latest DVD burner drive. I've looked at some name brands, but I don't know whats top of the market, and what works the best.

*IF* money wasn't an issue, what would you get??

NEC-ND2500A if you want awesome write quality and media compatibility.

Lite-On 811S if you want an all-round good drive.

Plextor 708A if you want a good drive, which is also rather expensive.

TDK 8X8, which is an NEC 2500 rebadge.

According to dvdrhelp.com NEC 2500A is highest rated. It is extremely compatible with almost all brands of media and according to a review from cdfreaks.com has the best writing quality. As said above, it is a bit slower than the competition, but personally, I prefer quality over speed. The great thing is that the NEC drive is only $105 from NewEgg. The Pioneer A07 has just been released and can be found OEM for ~$160. I myself have been intensely researching which drive to buy for the past few days (I made a post myself). At the moment, I am torn between the 2500A and the Pioneer AO7. I think I'm going to wait a few more weeks for reviews of the AO7 to surface and get some more user ratings. On dvdrhelp.com forums, the question was asked which is better and it was nearly a split, 11 for the NEC, and 12 for Pioneer.

My dad says he will help me build a new PC after I get my associates degree, which is hopefully by the end of this summer (same time *crosses fingers* as HL2 and D3) and by then will look back into all of this. In time prices should drop, and better stuff should be out :D

Thanks for the feed-back. :)

Originally posted by TechHead
NEC-ND2500A if you want awesome write quality and media compatibility.
Yea this one seems to be the hot one to get lately. there was a thread just like this a little while ago... kind of a shame that the search doesnt work, it would help a lot.

Originally posted by Baker
My dad says he will help me build a new PC after I get my associates degree, which is hopefully by the end of this summer (same time *crosses fingers* as HL2 and D3) and by then will look back into all of this. In time prices should drop, and better stuff should be out :D

Thanks for the feed-back. :)
In other words, this post was a waste of time.... You said it yourself... There will be new products within a few months so any recommendations here will go straight out the window..

Just like logic has lately...

Back