Wake-On-Lan won't work

MendoPaul

n00b
I can't get Wake-on-Lan to work on my home network. I'm trying to send a "magic packet" from my Gateway P4 Win XP machine to my AMD Athlon Win 2000 machine on a wired ethernet network.

I've been using the "magic packet" software I downloaded from the AMD website but I haven't been able to make it work. I've tried to make all the hardware and software settings correctly but perhaps I haven't quite gotten them all.

Would appreciate experienced comments.

Thanks a lot,

:)

Make sure the WOL wire is connected from your NIC to the mobo... before you do that though, check for any BIOS settings.

Thanks for the post. I've got an ASUS A7N8X board that has an 2 integrated network adapters so the power connections are integral to the mother board (I believe). These are 3Com and NVidia circuits. I'm using the 3Com adapter jack and their software says the WOL is enabled. The Bios settings also say that the wake up feature is enabled. I could only find one setting in the Power Management location in the BIOS that seemed relevant. I've also enabled the Wake up feature in WinXP.

I'm figuring it must be the transmission software or something like that.

Check out the google newsgroups for your mobo and WOL... there seems to be some discussion about it.... unfortunatly, a lot of it is in russian, etc..... good thing there's babelfish =)

Back