Video cards in Canada

Flak Pyro

Gawd
I am looking to oder a Geforce 6800 Video card, not the GT or Ultra (cant afford those right now) i want to be able to play Tribes Vengence for sure and probably a little Doom 3 and HL2 and other FPS. Do you think this card will be able to hold out at decent frame rates? Also should i get the 128 or 256mb version? I made a post last week and as a result came to believe this would be a good type of card to get, lastly where in canada can i order this card? I see then at Ncix.com but they are rather expensive for some strange reason, compared to this: http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-130-202&depa=0 that is 283 US, that should be around 367 CDN. I dont want to OC, that scares me too much still :)

do you mean the 128 bit or 256 bit theres no 256 mb version... :rolleyes:

and 256 bit

The GeForce 6800 128mb was just given the HardOCP Ultimate Doom3 Enthusiast Videocard award. It beats the x800pro in most tests and even beats the x800xtpe in some for doom3. It will be great.

oh dang, ive lost it lmao, i wasnt looking at the list of cards clear enough! I guess im getting a 128 Mb card :). What about preformance? I was reading bencmarks but i wanted to make sure it was decent enough before i went buying it :). I Cant find a cheap cdn price but i could always get it from eVGA i suppose. Sorry about my stupidiy :D

EDIT: reading above look like that answers my prefromance question LOL

Thanks.

PS. I seen your linux screenshot post on the Linux fourms, very interesing to see how people have tweaked their systems, makes me want to spend some time queaking my Gnome desktop :)

hmmmmm Lets see yeah its worth it but if you can wait a lil like i am for around 112 more us dollars you can get a 6800gt :D

Back