vga to RGB, where can i find them

BLsibub666

Gawd
i was givien a 20inch moniter, ((Nanao Flex scan FX2-21) it has what i think the refer to as a D-Sub mini 15 pin, and rgb, so Im looking to hook this up to vga so where the hell can i buy a vga to rgb cable. im probably just going to use is as my 2nd moniter on my dual moniter, (good enouph for waching shows, but im not sure if its good enouph for gaming)

thanks for any help

What do you mean by RGB? Is it a component type input (RCA type connectors) or does it use BNC type connectors? How many?

Its not like rca, its a ring sticking out with two little pegs on each side (like for something to lock on) and a male peg in the middle, so it looks more like a strange male rca cable than a female it has
h sync (h.v. sync); v sync; green; red; blue; then D sub and a "maintainance port" that kind resembles a femal Ps/2 or S-vid cable...

i hope this helps you guys help me out, sorry i didnt include it b4 but i just have no idea what im doing with this (hence i come here)

thanks for any help

sounds like a BNC cable. Converters are kinda expensive. If you read up on your moniters specs you should probably be able to make your own converter for not too much.

get a cable like lgthorn posted. My 21" and my projector are like that.
rgbhv.jpg

verry cool thanks for all the info, Ill look around for that and if i dont see it in a B&M shop Ill buy it online, $20 isnt bad at all for a 21 inch moniter (even if its kinda old)

Originally posted by BLsibub666
verry cool thanks for all the info, Ill look around for that and if i dont see it in a B&M shop Ill buy it online, $20 isnt bad at all for a 21 inch moniter (even if its kinda old)

$20 is a great price. I'd like to find another deal like yours or mine.
I got my 21" Trinitron for $35, I just happened to have the cable you needed (mine is the same way as yours) in a drawer of cables I've been aquiring over the years.

well ive been looking around, micro center wants like $50 for it.... i also found it here it looks good to me but i dont know anything about that company, if anyone has had any luck with them either way Id love to know thanks... again

I can get them locally for $15-$50 for 3' to 25'.
I think the 6' ones are $20.
Try some electronic/cable supply store.

thanks root i orderd it from there, now lets just hope it comes...

and again thanks to eveyone elce that posted

got the cables monday (along with a cataloge Im going to order from them in the future if shipping doesnt screw me)

the moniter is up, and looks good, i just need to tweek it a bit,

thanks for the help

Back