Vendor shipped Mac version instead of PC!!

Dr. Righteous

2[H]4U
Crap.
Ordered a pair of USB Logitech dual action game pads for a gaming PC I built for my son.
Just got the game pads today and when I checked it was the MAC version.
I know nothing about Macs. What is the difference??? I would assume there there is no difference accept the driver software. I downloaded the driver software for the gamepads for WindowsXP from the Logitech website, but will they work with the Mac version game pads??
I would HATE to have to return these and go through all the hassle.

Any ideas??

Typically the only difference between a mac and PC usb device is about 30 bucks and some white paint.

Try the driver. Will likely work.

Thanks, I opened one up and tested it on my laptop. No issues. Installed the driver, worked fine. I'm guessing it is identical to the PC version, yet it said "mac only" on the box. I guess you are right, it is to get the mac user's money.

Thanks, I opened one up and tested it on my laptop. No issues. Installed the driver, worked fine. I'm guessing it is identical to the PC version, yet it said "mac only" on the box. I guess you are right, it is to get the mac user's money.

glad it worked
usually there is no difference but paying more, and maybe an apple logo on some things thats about it i guess

I got these (Logitech dual action game pads) at Geek.com for 9.99 each new.
All other vendors want $16-18 each. Can't beat that deal.

Back