Using paper template for window

File

Gawd
I'm putting some acrylic windows in my new case, generic antec dragon.

I did scale drawings of the design i wanted to use, and im wondering if i could use it to cut without drawing on the panel.

Like, just laying it down and cutting through the paper into my case. Of course securing so the paper wouldnt move or anything.

maybe it would be better to cut out the picture and trace around it to just get the outline on the panel?

Check office supply or art craft supply store for spray glue.
There are temporary glues used for holding templates.

some carbon paper or transfer paper would help moving the image to the case without cutting it out.

Not trying to make an applique, im cutting windows in the case. Wondering if i should just tape it down and cut around it, or cut out the picture, trace it to the panel, then cut it that way.

WHat i do is masking tape the case lay the paper on the tape and use an exacto knife to remove the paper and tape from the part i wish to cut. This makes a nice template and keeps the rest of the case from accidently getting scrapped.

Originally posted by File
I'm putting some acrylic windows in my new case, generic antec dragon.

I did scale drawings of the design i wanted to use, and im wondering if i could use it to cut without drawing on the panel.

Like, just laying it down and cutting through the paper into my case. Of course securing so the paper wouldnt move or anything.

maybe it would be better to cut out the picture and trace around it to just get the outline on the panel?

Back