Upgrading my Speaker wire for my Logitech Z-680s?

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmpathY

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey, whats up guys. I moved from Jacksonville to Miami roughly three months ago, and in the transit I lost all but two of my speaker wires. The wire that comes with it is a low quality guage (or appears to be) and i'd love to upgrade it to some nice hefty monster cable, would this sound good and even work?

Let me know,
Andrew

Monster Cable is a massive waste of money, even for really expensive home theater speakers - check the sticky for details.

If you'd like to replace the speakers wire in the 680's, buy some 16 gauge lamp cord at a hardware store or some cheap 16 gauge cable at Radio Shack - any difference between these solutions and Monster Cable on that particular speaker set will be due entirely to the placebo effect :)

Well, what guage is the wire that comes with the Z-680s?

Thanks,
Andrew

Originally posted by BigMaxxin
its gotta be at least 20, but i think its 22 or worse.
Put side by side with some 20ga that I use for modding fan wires, you're right, it looks more like 24 or 26ga :eek:

Can't say I noticed much of a difference going to 16ga zip cord, but using bananaplugs made it easier to install and whatnot.

I agree that Monster is a waste of money, especially considering that the internal wires inside the speakers are probably not larger than the stock cables use (those are the wires going from the inside of the connectors to the speaker motor).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back