Unreal 2 and Unreal 2 XMP

carblow12

Limp Gawd
My average fps for Unreal 2 XMP is about 30-40 and my average for Unreal 2 is about 20-30. Is this normal or should i be running alot higher? I have at full graphics and 1280x1024, 9800 Pro , Application Prefernce on AA and AF and Vsync off. I am just wondering what ur Average Fps is and should i be getting higher then i normal do?

turn aa and af to 4x and you'll get much better fps I bet. However the 9800 does hardware AA and AF so I dont know if that'll help much... You could always go down resolutions to a few under that.

~Adam

nah it ran worst.... maybe its my CPu do u think i should upgrade for hl2 or i should be fine?

well you say xp in the thing and 2400+ but t-bird? do you mean t-bred?

~Adam

That is just a very demanding game, I get similar FPS with my card at the same resolution, all settings on, and AA/AF at 4x each.

How do you get such low fps? I get 20-30 with the stuff in my sig...

While you're at it send an email to Matt Frary regarding Infogrames ("new Atari") closing it's doors to Legend Entertainment the developers of XMP.

I get the same, just with AF at 8x. Its less demanding to turn it up than AA. If you're concerned with fluctuating framerates just turn down the resolution.

Also, I love XMP. The mod is groundbreaking and possibly my favorite online game. It completely changed what I expect from an online multiplayer game. I am also suprised at how well the netcode has been optimized in version 7710, I no longer get packet loss and my framerate is now stable between 30 and 40 fps. Cheers to Epic. In addition I think it is a tragedy that Legend was abolished by Atari. I hope Atari keeps supporting it but I doubt it, considering it is a free mod.

Back