'Ultra High Quality Textures' on eVGA 7900GT OC SuperClocked

Cannibal Corpse

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey All,

When I enable this option, I don't see any performance decrease (and lowered FPS - I get 60 to low 80 FPS) in the game. Is this option enabled at all? How can I make sure it is enabled? Is a 256MB card capable of handling this setting?

Many thanks in advance.

Here are my system specs:

-DFI nF4 SLI-DR 'Expert'
-Opteron 146 (CABNE 0530 batch)
-Thermalright XP-90C
-Delta 92x38mm FFB0912HHE 2-wire (Got the 3 Wire version!)
-G.SKILL Extreme Series 2GB DDR (G.SKILL F1-4000USU2) 2GB http://www.gskill.com/f1-4000usu2-2gbhz.htm
-Enermax 620W PSU 'Liberty'
-74GB WD Raptor Hdd (revision 00FLC0)
-Pioneer DVR-A09-XLB
-Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty FPS
-Gaming Bomb II (Black Colored)
-DELL 24" 2405FPW LCD
-eVGA 7900 GT CO SUPERCLOCKED™ 256-P2-N565-AX'

Cannibal Corpse said:
When I enable this option, I don't see any performance decrease (and lowered FPS - I get 60 to low 80 FPS) in the game. Is this option enabled at all? How can I make sure it is enabled? Is a 256MB card capable of handling this setting?

Umm, what game? I have been seeing alot of posts recently which require Johnny Wishbone, psychic extraodinaire.

Thats pretty good, setting stuff to ultra high on my 7800gt SLI array rapes my FPS. I was under the impression that you would really need a 512mb card to make it work smoothly

I think Ultra mode enables real-time shadows n stuff. I know shadows from the flashlight aren't enabled in High because I played through it in that mode w/ my X800XT and once I loaded this game on my X1900XTX w/ Ultra quality I noticed it instantly. I donno what my FPS is, but its extremely smooth and fast :D

My gameplay experience is also very smooth and fast, with or without the Ultra selected. I am beginning to wonder if the ultra mode sticks at all. (although when I enable or disable it, I exit the game for it to take effect. not to mention when it is ON, it is confirmed my the video settings, since it reads ultra).

I can tell you, this eVGA 7900GT OC SuperClocked is an amazing card, nothing has ever stuttered on this, it can tackle even the Tomb Raider Legends 'Next Gen' settings on 1920x1200. :)

Glad its working out for you, I was going to wait for the 7900 series but decided to go w/ the X1900XTX 512Mb and i'm glad I did. FEAR maxed out pretty much glides, along with every other game i've played. AA/AF doesn't seem to effect performance at all lol. Our rigs are pretty similar though, nice choice on the sound-card :) Also, please tell me you're OCing that CPU...

Cannibal Corpse said:
Sure, 2900GHz on air and going strong! :cool:

Very nice...I hit 3ghz when the weather was cooler, but never fully tested for stability. I played through a few rounds of BF2 and stuff though. Now its at 2.8 b/c of teh hottness :(

Back