top of the line multimedia vs entry level home theater

Dome

2[H]4U
i was just wondering, for about 400-500 dollars, i was looking at some home theater systems and wondering if they're really better than some of the new 5.1 multimedia systems.

considering for 400 you can only get a reciever, 2 speakers and a sub, and very decent ones at that, how much better they are than a set of say klipsch or logi's for the same price

Originally posted by Dome
i was just wondering, for about 400-500 dollars, i was looking at some home theater systems and wondering if they're really better than some of the new 5.1 multimedia systems.

considering for 400 you can only get a reciever, 2 speakers and a sub, and very decent ones at that, how much better they are than a set of say klipsch or logi's for the same price

You could always get the Digitheatre Platinum for 400-500 dollars. If they are available where you live of course. They are really well priced and sound really good.

That is 5.1 and support DTS, Dolby digital and Pro logic. However the receiver is built in so you don´t get an external receiver with headphone jacks or such.

But it´s safe to say that it sounds better than those Klipsch or logis for the same price.

But if you are gaming you are quite limited to Soundstorm if you want true surround sound with home theater speakers and not just stereo or Pro Logic.

If you want to listen to music in non dolby digital mode I would suggest getting another soundcard to go with it for optimum sound quality since Soundstorm is my week link in that aspect especially in analogue mode where the difference is night and day compaired to my Audigy 2.

Back