Tomb Raider Legend PC performce - horrid

LordBritish

2[H]4U
I can't seem to get Tomb Raider Legend running adequately on my PC.
It runs really bad - low FPS, stuttering.

Here's my specs:

Opteron 165 (@2.6 Ghz)
7900 GTX
2 Gigs memory

I'm running it at 1650x1080 with the "next gen" option on. I use FSAA and all options on.

What the hell do I need - another 7900 GTX??

Please start threads in the proper forum. I mean c'mon, this one even has "PC" in the title :p

LordBritish said:
I can't seem to get Tomb Raider Legend running adequately on my PC.
It runs really bad - low FPS, stuttering.

Here's my specs:

Opteron 165 (@2.6 Ghz)
7900 GTX
2 Gigs memory

I'm running it at 1650x1080 with the "next gen" option on. I use FSAA and all options on.

What the hell do I need - another 7900 GTX??
If you want to run it on 1650x1080 with everything turned on ? Yeah.

Dial it down to, say, 1280 x 960 and you might be ok. You can't run Oblivion at 1650 x 1080 with everything turned up in the most limiting scenes even WITH an SLI setup.

deadrody said:
You can't run Oblivion at 1650 x 1080 with everything turned up in the most limiting scenes even WITH an SLI setup.

Im running Oblivion at 1600x1200 x16AF with all high and some tweaks for image improvements just fine on a 7800GTX SLi righ. Sure it's not 60FPS but its not stuttering or lagging at all.

it might have been by imagination, but when I switched to the TR:L profile in the nvidia control panel (is it supposed to do that automatically depending on the executable? whatever, I did it manually) it cleared up a lot of the choppiness. Not exactly silky smooth but playable. That profile might only be in the beta drivers, I can't remember. But then I decided that a lot of the game, especially characters, looks quite ugly with next-gen on, so turned it off again :)

There's a patch out that stablizes the performance some.

I run it with a steadyish 30fps and everything up/high at the same resolution as you... with a 7600GT. So you should most definitely be able to play it better than I.

Good luck!

Back