thinkin bout buyin a x800 pro

nightelfmaster

Limp Gawd
Anyone have any idea where i can get one for the retail price or less, made bi asus?
if not, is the x800 a big performance improvement? and also, can you all list where u got ur new video cards, and ur experience of them (u can include ur x800xt's and stuff)? (like an review) I'm jus thinkin of gettin one the next time i upgrade mi computer dis summer

edit: i have an asus 9600xt, and would like to know if it really is a big performance improvement, or should i get a nvida? (maibe not cauz its a power hogger and takes up too many slots)

The X800 series is twice as fast as the previous 9800 series. Or close to it. It depends on the game and the system configuration as always.

I got my card at http://www.bestbuy.com and I had a good experience with that. It was shipped to me quickly and I've enjoyed the card for about a month now.

I upgraded from a 9600Pro that was OC'ed to XT speeds and I can tell you that the difference is HUGE. Farcry ran like ass on the 9600Pro and wasn't even playable in my opinion. Not at a decent resolution anyway.

Sure I can could run UT2004 at 1280x1024 on the 9600Pro. But now I can do it with 4X AA and 16X AF FASTER than I could without any of those functions being enabled on the 9600Pro.

You would notice a difference and ultimately I think you would be pleased with either a X800Pro or X800XT. Although if you want to buy the card right now, the X800Pro is the only one you'll find in stores. Even then they are out only in limited numbers.

I'm actually thinking about one, I went from a gf3 to a moded 9500(9700) back down to a 9000 within a year and a half, so i'm ready for another boost, this one will be the biggest thus far.

Go for it. I love my X800Pro. If you've got a decently fast system the difference will be HUGE.

I should point out that I've upgraded alot of times in the last 7 years. I make major changes every three months in my system config. Video card wise the jump from a 9600Pro to a X800Pro was the largest jump I ever made.

I even did the TNT2 Ultra to Geforce 2 GTS jump. That was pretty major. This is very much like that.

Even the guys who upgraded from 9800Pro's and 9800XT's notice a big jump. The main thing is if you already have a fast card and are used to the frame rates is the ability to maintain those framerates with high levels of AA and AF.

i would probably get one, once i save sum money up for it ($400 is a lot for mee) But, i need a new motherboard first (crappy prebuilt computer with crappy motherboard with absolutely nothing able to be done in bios), and i mite need a new power supply (350 watt cheepie) and maibe a new processor (thinkin bout the canterwood boards with new socket prescott) and i dink dats it lol

Just buy it if you can afford it and not look back. I just bought one today for about 450 bucks. UPgrading from a geforce 3 ti200 which just doesn't do it for me anymore. Should be some noticeable differences I hope :D

try looking at the xt pe from cdw for only like $470. that's $30 more than a pro at most sites. great deal but it'll be at least 2 weeks beofre you get one

witht hat halflife2 coupon ill have 2 free coupons then (got one with my 9600XT)

hmmm i could make money with that....

so when it says free HL2 and has the picture of gordon on the front (which looks similar to the one on my 9600XTs box) is just a hoax for sales?

Back