The infamous memory question

I currently have been running a 512 mb stick of Samsung PC2700 CTL-CB3 (aka the good stuff) for about 2 years in misc rigs. I am going to make the jump to 1 gig and am curious as to what would work best. I have a locked xp2600 that doesn't like to go over about 210 fsb no matter what voltage I pump into it, but I want something that will run well at a higher fsb when I make the next upgrade. I have a 6800GT coming in about 10 days, so the ram will be the last upgrade I make for about 5 months until the 939-940's come down in price.

The DFI loves high fsb and will pump 3.3v with no mods as it stands now, but doesn't like Kingston very well. I'm leaning towards PC3200 as nothing else is really being used to its full potential yet. On a side note, any clues as to a reasonable asking price for the Samsung would be appreciated as well.

Just get some nice Corsair xms or something... Expect to pay over $300 bucks though!

As for the samsung memory, I just bought 256mb pc2100 crucial for 30 bucks... so I would say about $65 would be reasonable...

(I'm guessing that the samsung ram is pc2700???)

Back