The best optical? Blu-ray burner?

Edge2500K

n00b
Well I need an optical for my nearly complete rig.

corsair ax750
asus p8p67-pro
i7-2600k
8gb (2x4gb) g.skill ripjaws x 1600 8-8-8-24
2x msi r6950 2gb
ssd1: 64gb adata flash/sandforce 2nd gen (Micro Center)
ssd2: 120gb intel x25-m

I'm thinking somewhere between $100-$150 sounds about right for the best. Available at amazon is a plus.

Something sexy, does it all, quality/reliability are key. What are some of the best?

Was originally thinking that suave looking ASUS BW-12B1LT, but I'm not so sure anymore. Controversy in newegg reviews about it being a different machine inside scared me off. ???

Wondering if I should just stay clear of blu-ray all together, if games/software don't migrate to the format in full I don't want it. I hate discs... Why haven't those idiots made a full migration to flash? You can mail/retail thumbsticks just as easily, they're faster, more durable, better in every way IMO. Then we wouldn't need some bulky old tech drive in our rigs using up all that spin/laser power. Just pop that new OS/Game into the USB port, bam!

I can swear by my LG BluRay burner. It's a multi burner that can burn DVD's and BluRay. Its at a good price around $120 on new egg. Burns good quality, and hardly makes coaster. It will be a future proof upgrade in the future. Everything is going that route, so minus well adapt. By the way, nice system.

I can swear by my LG BluRay burner. It's a multi burner that can burn DVD's and BluRay. Its at a good price around $120 on new egg. Burns good quality, and hardly makes coaster. It will be a future proof upgrade in the future. Everything is going that route, so minus well adapt. By the way, nice system.

fanx! I can't wait for some really solid 120-250gb 3rd gen SATA III ssds to become mainstream so I can hand down my SSD's and raid them up or something ridiculous. Also need to throw a 1TB or 2 in there for storage. Thinking Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB, seems fast and reliable and great price.

Back