Texture flickering in Far Cry and ocing

TehQuick

2[H]4U
Quick question: did anyone see flickering textures in Far Cry 1.2 while oc'ing their video cards? I know this patch is borked or something but I definitely see textures like jumping up and down, or flickering or something in some places when I oc my 6800gt; although picture is fine in general. When I drop oc to stock speed, textures are all fine. However, oc does not cause any artifacting in 3dmark03 or that HDR demo, rthdbl-something, even after multiple loops. Any ideas? I've got winxp, p4 with 1gb of memory, and 61.76 drivers. Am I pushing my videocard too hard? or is software-related (i.e. borked drivers/patch)?

TehQuick said:
Quick question: did anyone see flickering textures in Far Cry 1.2 while oc'ing their video cards? I know this patch is borked or something but I definitely see textures like jumping up and down, or flickering or something in some places when I oc my 6800gt; although picture is fine in general. When I drop oc to stock speed, textures are all fine. However, oc does not cause any artifacting in 3dmark03 or that HDR demo, rthdbl-something, even after multiple loops. Any ideas? I've got winxp, p4 with 1gb of memory, and 61.76 drivers. Am I pushing my videocard too hard? or is software-related (i.e. borked drivers/patch)?
Yeah I got a little bit of flickering, but it happened when I was OCed and without. I do not think it is an OCing issue. My OC on my 6800 Ultra OC is 460/1.25.

TehQuick said:

Remember if you use SM3.0 with FarCry you are using parts of the GPU that are not being used when you are playing other games on the 6800 so far. So you may have to back off the OC a bit. Same goes with Doom3 and Ultrashadow II.

Back