Switches for External Open CD Drive Button

im looking for some good external switches to use to open up my stealthed CD drives...

I am hoping to use my 3.5" bay for the buttons, so they have to be relatively small..

any suggestions?

I did the switches and LED's on my daughters computer like this:

switches.jpg

The switches:

switch.JPG

Mounted:

switchmount.JPG

Gary

i dont think you ccan use a switch, but rather buttons... you can alwase just go to my computer and hit eject.. or use the buton that is already there (put something on the back of the bay blank cover so that when you hit the cover it moves and hits the button (so there are no external buttons or switches... what ever you do good luck

take a look at the video here:

http://codeflux.com/mods/lysdexia/

we used small pieces of acrilyc glued to the original CD-ROM push-buttons (the actual buttons that are mounted on the PCB). the drives were stealthed with double-sided foam/tape and it allows the blanks to tilt down a little. when you push on the blank, it pushes down, onto the acrilyc extension of the buttons, opening the CD-ROM. try it - you may not need to waste a 3.5 inch bay for the buttons, or run wires.

i got some red pushbutton switches from radioshack. they were really overpriced though.

Originally posted by BLsibub666
i dont think you ccan use a switch, but rather buttons... you can alwase just go to my computer and hit eject.. or use the buton that is already there (put something on the back of the bay blank cover so that when you hit the cover it moves and hits the button (so there are no external buttons or switches... what ever you do good luck

I hate to be a troll, but a push button is a switch. Technically it is a single pole single throw momentary switch. :)

Back