Surface Pro worth buying yet?

ng4ever

2[H]4U
Surface Pro 9 to be exact. How is battery life ?

Still only 6 to 7 hours if that ?

1688781377046.png

"Surface Pro 9 with 5G is reported to get up to 19 hours of battery life with typical usage"

I've had the surface laptop. Intel 10th Gen. It was built like a tank. Very well assembled, incredible screen. I don't know much about these table versions, though. I would assume Microsoft is holding the manufacturer of these to similar standards as the laptop version, if not identical.

View attachment 582046
"Surface Pro 9 with 5G is reported to get up to 19 hours of battery life with typical usage"
That is what Microsoft says. The Intel version (non-5G) is advertised for 15.5 hours. In real world situations it's typically a lot worse. My i5 Surface Pro 4, for example, was advertised to last 15 hours. Reviews showed 6-10 hours in benchmarks. In my real world usage it only lasted 4-6 hours when it was brand new. Looking at reviews for the Intel/WiFi version of the Surface Pro 9 is showing the same 6-10 hours.

So to answer OP's question:
No, battery life really hasn't gotten any better. It's still a great device, and I'm looking to replace my SP4 with a SP9 myself since the SP4 is on its last legs (battery and screen are dying).

Too few ports IMO so I was hoping to get a i5 or i7 Pro 7+ a year or 2 ago but the didn't have the funds for it plus the prices were just a little too high for my tastes.
I just bought top spec One NetBook T1, 1k USD and awaiting shipment now.
i7-1260P, 2TB 2280 nvme, microSD and USD A ports.

Was on the fence last week on getting a z13 Flow with a i9 12900H, 3050ti, 1TB 2230 nvme for 1.1k USD but the price jumped back up to 1.8k. Now it's back on sale again...... SON OF A BITCH!!!
The only issues I had with the z13 was the 2230 m.2 space and the USB 2.0 type A port.

Last edited:
If they had an OLED surface laptop with thin bezels (Dell XPS) then hell yes!
Of course there's still the annoying fan noise but go with 13th gen P series chips and one can dial it back into tolerable range.
I swear some of those laptop coolers trade blows with FX5800 cards for those that remember them. ;-)

Back