stupid audigy 2 zs question that I should know

Barnaby

Supreme [H]ardness
Ok, so I know that if I want to get sound out of all 4 of my speakers from normal audio, I need to use one of the cmss options. now, by having that enabled, does that interfere with games that supports EAX?

I'm asking, cuz I noticed in SOF2, that without CMSS enabled, I only get sound out of the front 2 speakers.. but if I have it enabled, it comes out of all 4...

btw, this is for the multiplayer version... so, what's going on here.. do you have to have the card setup a certain way to enable EAX in games, or will it just pick up on it? am I just being stoopid, and the multiplayer of SOF2 doesn't support EAX?

In my experience, CMSS does not affect EAX, but I also only have 2.1 speakers, so I don't know what CMSS actually does for surround sound. I have heard that it will give you surround sound in anything that just uses stereo.

To check whether something supports EAX try going to the audio options settings in the game, and checking whether there's anything to enable.

The CMSS dosent take effect when EAX or Directsound3d is being used. To get all of your speakers to work ingame use the Directsound setting or EAX.

do you mean the directsound or eax option in game? or is there an option in the creative drivers?

Back