Stellar Blade formally Project Eve

Games that are good still sell well because the people buying them don't care about the stupid and very loud opinions of these morons. Gamers gonna game.

Very true, but I do think that it impacts the prospects of sequels when there is a poor reception from these useless hacks. Just look at Days Gone, has sold over 9 million copies and was a damn good game, but Sony refused to greenlight a sequel.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202...-have-released-a-month-ago-says-game-director

Very true, but I do think that it impacts the prospects of sequels when there is a poor reception from these useless hacks. Just look at Days Gone, has sold over 9 million copies and was a damn good game, but Sony refused to greenlight a sequel.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202...-have-released-a-month-ago-says-game-director

Reviews were pretty mixed, even if sales were good.

I assume they figured the lightning was out of the bottle and they wouldn't see those numbers again because expectations are set.

So they took the W and left it at that.

It was... alright in my opinion. The beginning is kind of a slog and the main character is largely groan worthy for a giant chunk of the game in a "I get what they were going for but ehhh" way.

I think a sequel is probably doomed to underperform the original, and such went the business decision.

It sold almost 8 million copies before the PC version released, which is not bad. Though I enjoyed the game and preferred it to God of War, it still wasn't quite great. It gets off to a bad start but gets better as time goes on.

I'm about 8 hours in. Very addicting so far. I'm getting major Nier Automata vibes, especially the music.

Game is very polished except maybe the platforming. I've died quite a few times to some clunky platforming.

Combat is great. Might be a tad easy for some. I somehow managed to beat the first alpha natyba on my first try. That would never happen in a Souls game.

I do have some trouble reading some enemies. Their moves aren't telegraphed too clearly so I can't pinpoint exactly when they're about to swing or how many follow up swings they're about to do. But like a Souls game, practice makes perfect and eventually you memorize their timings.

I don't like that locking on to an enemy puts your character into a very slow walking mode. Why can't running be the default when locked on? There's absolutely no reason to walk during a fight. Thankfully you can still sprint though.

Graphics are fantastic on balanced mode and I can't believe that a mobile booba game developer can achieve this level of visual fidelity and performance in their very first console game, meanwhile Square Enix with unlimited funds and decades of experience needs to render FF7 Rebirth at what looks like 480p to get 60fps.

One complaint is that the characters can be kind of flat acting wise. Adam is Mr. no personality and Eve is generally expressionless. I haven't been blown away by the writing either. Definitely no Nier Automata in that aspect.

But great fun so far and I look forward to playing more!

I really want to pick this up. Not sure why I haven’t done already. Probably because I am traveling 3/4 weeks in May.

Better to pick it up at half price instead.

Back