soundstorm speakers

moon02

Weaksauce
I am going to be upgrading a a soundstorm board soon and i was wondering what would be some good digital 2.1 speakers to get.
I am going to spend up to 160$ on them. I do gaming and mild music. Or would it be better to get a audigy2 and cheaper speakers? I can not fit a 5.1 setup in my space.

Originally posted by moon02
I am going to be upgrading a a soundstorm board soon and i was wondering what would be some good digital 2.1 speakers to get.
I am going to spend up to 160$ on them. I do gaming and mild music. Or would it be better to get a audigy2 and cheaper speakers? I can not fit a 5.1 setup in my space.

No go with high storm and better speakers.

An Audigy 2 won´t help if you get cheap speakers.

But the best combination for a 2.1 setup is probably an Audigy 2 and a good set of speakers but it´s of course not as good bang for the buck as getting a soundstorm + good speakers. I am sure they will sound good enough and if it don´t you can always buy an Audigy 2 later or similar.

thanks for the advice, but do you know any speakers that are 2.1 and digital all I could find was creatives 250d's on mwave and some Edirol.

What the heck did I mean with high storm??? LOL. I think I mixed up soundstorm with high storm lol.

Well 2.1 speakers I have no real experience with. You could check out www.3dsound.com and it´s forums.

I'd suggest not going digital... with a good sound card, analog will sound better. digital speakers does not equal better... as a matter of fact, they are usually worse than equally priced analog speakers, ESPECIALLY if you have a good sound card.

Thanks for the help oqvist. I checked out the forums and since they have search enabled(imagine that!) I found what I needed. I am going to go with the 250D's from what user reviews they are a good quality speaker.

Originally posted by Gluegun
I'd suggest not going digital... with a good sound card, analog will sound better. digital speakers does not equal better... as a matter of fact, they are usually worse than equally priced analog speakers, ESPECIALLY if you have a good sound card.

Since he got a Soundstorm he must have digital speakers. Soundstorm is really good for digital speakers but sucks for analogue.

Back