Soundstorm Shuttle?

WALoeIII

Gawd
Do any of the shuttles come with the nVidia sound storm onboard sound?

And what is this I read - you cannot adjust vdimm or vcore? How am I supposed to OC the 2400+-M I'm planning on putting in it!?

Snoozy said:

SN45G and SN45GV2

And what is this I read - you cannot adjust vdimm or vcore? How am I supposed to OC the 2400+-M I'm planning on putting in it!?

You can adjust the vcore, but not the vdimm in the non V2 version (not sure about the V2 version). That just limits the overclock on the memory, you can still OC the CPU as much as you want.

Snoozy said:

the sn41g2V2 should have the soundstorm.

on the old v1 motherboards lets u adjust both voltages without issues

the newer v2 and up motherboards, the vcore works normal, the vdimm is adjustable on older bios, but is highly recommended not to, the newer v2 with newer bios 'grays' out the option to change it

set ur FSB to the specs of ur ram, then crank the fsb higher and higher,

You guys are making this kind of confusing. All Nforce2 Shuttles have Soundstorm. Although only the SN45G and SN41G2V2 are "certified".

-The SN45GV2 is exactly the same as the SN45G except for the addition of the 250W PSU and better cable management.
-The SN41G2V2 has a completely different motherboard from the SN41G2 in addition to the 250W PSU and better cable management.
-The SN41G2V2, SN45G and SN45GV2 all include options to change: Vcore, Chipset voltage, and multiplier.

NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE CHANGE THE VDIMM ON ANY OF THESE BOARDS!!! Doing so on almost all revisions will cause the board to become unable to boot and is not fixeable even with a new BIOS chip.

I think that pretty much covers all issues with the Nforce2 Shuttles.

the@ntipop said:
You guys are making this kind of confusing. All Nforce2 Shuttles have Soundstorm. Although only the SN45G and SN41G2V2 are "certified".

-The SN45GV2 is exactly the same as the SN45G except for the addition of the 250W PSU and better cable management.
-The SN41G2V2 has a completely different motherboard from the SN41G2 in addition to the 250W PSU and better cable management.
-The SN41G2V2, SN45G and SN45GV2 all include options to change: Vcore, Chipset voltage, and multiplier.

NEVER UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCE CHANGE THE VDIMM ON ANY OF THESE BOARDS!!! Doing so on almost all revisions will cause the board to become unable to boot and is not fixeable even with a new BIOS chip.

I think that pretty much covers all issues with the Nforce2 Shuttles.
the sn45g rev1 motherboards can and can survive the vdimm adjustments, i had one before,
the sn45g rev2 mobo and V2 will die yes,

the@ntipop said:
You guys are making this kind of confusing. All Nforce2 Shuttles have Soundstorm. Although only the SN45G, SN45GV2, SN41G2 and SN41G2V2 are "certified".
fixt
It is the motherboard that is certified (essentially), not the system, so V2 means nothing. If you can call it Soundstorm, it IS certified.

Back