Some Sound Hardware Questions

BooyaAchieved

Limp Gawd
Please excuse my n00bnevity in the realm of comuter audio. I recently recieved a SoundBlaster Audigy LS for Christmas, and I wanted to have some clarification on some settings to use. I have the card hooked up to some Logitech Z-340's (can't fit the Z-640's, hehe) and I was wondering about some settings. For instance, when I right-click on the Creative icon in the tray, and go to Speaker Settings, should I turn on Dolby Digital Decoding? Also, what EAX version should I use? The box only says EAX Advanced HD and doesn't specify a version at all. Your suggestions are greatly appreciated :) .

Within this realm lies your answer. Good luck young jedi in your audio quest.

Sry, i just couldn't resist :D

Turning on Dolby Digital decoding is okay. Disable EAX, unless you like the effects. Turn off all other effects because they unnaturally color the sound. If you could post some screenshots of the settings menus I could give you more direction.

I could post some pictrues, but it would 1.) be a truckload of pictures, and 2.) I don't have a site to host that many (myimgs.com has a size restriction) But thanks anyways.

Back