SOLD - FS: 2x Dell EMC 3.84TB U.2 NVMe SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairytoez

Limp Gawd
I have (2) Dell EMC 3.84TB U.2 NVMe SSDs that I am looking to part with. They were pulled working from a low hours server.
I am unable to get drive stats on them due to not having a compatible interface.

Would prefer to sell together for $600 $400, but will split for the right deal.
I have 2 more that I am sitting on for a rainy day that I would part with for the right offer.

PayPal goods and services only. Will hold funds up to 21 days to allow for testing of drives.
Shipping on me.

Main Specifications:
  • Product Description : SAMSUNG Pm1733 MZWLJ3T8HBLS-00AD3 - Solid State Drive - 3.84tb - Pci Express 4.0 X4 (nvme)
  • Type : Solid State Drive - Internal
  • Capacity : 3.84tb
  • Form Factor : 2.5
  • Nand Flash Memory : SAMSUNG V-nand
  • Interface : Pci Express 4.0 X4 (nvme)
  • Features : Enterprise
  • Physical Dimensions : 69 X 100 X 15 Mm

Extended Specifications :
  • Device Type : Solid State Drive - Internal
  • Capacity : 3.84tb
  • Form Factor : 2.5
  • Nand Flash Memory : SAMSUNG V-nand
  • Interface : Pci Express 4.0 X4 (nvme)
  • Features : Enterprise

Performance :
  • Drive Writes Per Day (dwpd) : 1
  • Internal Data Rate : 7000 Mbps (read) / 3800 Mbps (write)
  • Random Read : 1500000 Iops
  • Random Write : 135000 Iops

Reliability :
  • Mtbf : 2,000,000 Hours
  • Uncorrectable Bit Error Rate (uber) : 1 Sector Per 10^17 Bits Read

Expansion & Connectivity :
  • Interfaces : 2 X Pci Express 4.0 X4 (nvme)
  • Compatible Bay : 2.5
1691605388387.jpeg

PXL_20230808_233725407.jpg

Last edited:
I just re-read your post and it sounds like you have a total of 4? If this is the case, will you consider a bundle for all 4?

I just re-read your post and it sounds like you have a total of 4? If this is the case, will you consider a bundle for all 4?
I would, but I recently sold 2 of them locally. Forgot I had mentioned that. 2 are still for sale though

There are PCIe to U.2 adapters: PCI-e x4/x8 to SFF-8643 cable or PCIe cards with U.2 connectors on them (drives mount to card). There are also cards that connect to NVME m.2 slots and connect to a SFF-8643 cable.

Be careful since these are PCI 4.0 4x drives so the dual drive cards should all be 8x and use a physical 16x slot. The Sonnet Fusion Dual U.2 card looks legit but is really expensive.

Your motherboard probably also needs bifurcation if you do a multiple drives on a single 8x PCI-e card.

If you have spare PCI-e lanes and slots, you too could have over 7 TB of NVME storage for $400 (plus card) and potentially less cabling. I would have bought these if I didn't have PCI-e NVME drives taking up slots already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back