So hows this for a [H]ardcore mod?

s10010001

Supreme [H]ardness
So hows this for a [H]ardcore mod…..
P1010005.JPG
P1010004.JPG

External GP USB 1.1 4x4x32 CDRW :: internal 4x4x48x GP CDRW….muhaaa…

This is for work and we only ever burn like tops 30mb to CD so 4x is just fine, take about a min to burn 20mb now as where on USB 1.1 too like 4 mins, because of old USB lag….

And don’t even ask about copying a CD on USB….much nicer now on an internal drive

PS: I may just buy a $35 52x drive….

Thats awsome. How did u cable it, onboard usb? or out the rear?

(do dells even have usb headers???)

edit: or did u use the internal IDE (it looked that way from the pix)

When you open a External HDD or Cdrom of any kind, its reall a drive inside a case, so i hooked it up to the slave IDE header on the cirrent CDrom \

95% of all external drives are internal drives with an external casing. You can usually take the internal drive out of it's casing, replace it with a newer faster drive (still doesn't make the connection faster, its still a USB 1.1 enclosure). However, I have a USB 2.0 with a 48x drive (I think) so I could take that drive out and even use a HDD in it's place.

Think of the enclosure like an internal IDE-> external USB (or firewire) converter.

Yea, you can. I allready stuck an old 6 giger in it to try it out and sure enough it works...

Originally posted by Phoenix86
95% of all external drives are internal drives with an external casing. You can usually take the internal drive out of it's casing, replace it with a newer faster drive (still doesn't make the connection faster, its still a USB 1.1 enclosure). However, I have a USB 2.0 with a 48x drive (I think) so I could take that drive out and even use a HDD in it's place.

Think of the enclosure like an internal IDE-> external USB (or firewire) converter.

Yep. You can actually buy the external cases for about $30 from NewEgg. It's a lot cheaper than buying an external-insert-part.

I use one for a 12gig HardDrive. It's a lot easier to shuttle files between computers with USB2.0 and a small harddrive than it is to shuttle the entire computer or a lot of compactflash cards.

Originally posted by skawttieboy
I second that....putting HP's name in a Dell....you are badass dude! ;)

HAHA i just relized that...I ownder what the dell rep will say next time he comes down for a visit..

so did you dremel the red X's on or have them sent out to be done professionally? :p

Back