sndstorm.exe error... whats the solution?

"SndStorm.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenince"

how do i fix this?

First off, we need full hardware and OS details, are you still using drivers off the original MFR CD? We also need to know when these errors happen...upon bootup? during gaming? during IE browsing? Remember more details helps us diagnose better.

It can probably be a couple of different things. Try the easiest (and most likely) solution and then report back to us:

--Go to your mobo mfr website to download the newest drivers for your exact chipset

--Go to add/remove programs, remove "nvidia drivers" or it may be labeled "nvidia chipset drivers". **NOTE**DO NOT remove "graphic drivers" if you own an nvidia graphics card****

--Reboot windows then proceed to install the new chipset(soundstorm) drivers you downloaded. Reboot again and test it.

Good luck and check back after you've tried new drivers, remember more details! ;)

Ahh, i just noticed you have a highly overclocked epox mobo...the highest ive seen in a while. High FSB causes mcp-t southbridge errors (soundstorm), the NF2 southbridge usually needs aftermarket cooling after 50c Try these next possible solutions:

To see if heat is a factor:
1) Pull case door off, and test, if problem seems to get "better" then a hot southbridge might be the issue.

2) lower your overclock to 200 fsb and test. If the problem seems to get "better" then a hot southbridge might be the issue. Theres a chance that it may not be a heat issue but a mobo FSB limitation issue (you've oc'd higher than your mobo's limit)

I get the same soundblaster.exe errors if my southbridge overheats, or if i've overclocked to around 230 fsb (my mobo's stable limit is 225fsb and epox's average lower)

I have had the same problem, but I noticed that when I disable my nVidia Media Center icon in the task panel and i tried to open my nForce Tray Options icon it would screw up. As long as both were running then i had no problem. This might help :rolleyes:

Back