sn85g4v2 fan replacement question

shinji23

Limp Gawd
I am getting sn85g4v2, I am hearing mixed responses regarding the noise. I intent to make my SFF PC quite. So, my question is that if I replace sn85g4v2 original fans (60mm on psu & 80 mm cpu) with vantec stealth, would it make any performance difference and reduce the noise?

Also, what would be the best (quiet and good cfm) fans available on the market?

Remember that the SN85 produces a bit of heat, but the v2 you are referring to they made some nice changes with both the ICE cooler (copper base) as well as dumping the Sunon fan for a more efficient fan. On my v1 I removed the Sunon fan and went with a push/pull configuration using a pair of SilenX fans. They are rated at 14db while pushing 28cfm each. This is a very quiet setup but still dosn't move enought air for my tastes. They keep the box cool enough, but I'd like to be able to push a little more air.

The Vantec stealths should work for you, but if your concern is noise, you will definitely hear them. I've also tried my luck with a Panaflo L1A, but again it didn't move enough air. I think we are all on the lookout for a high CFM/ Low noise ratio setup :) . As far as the 60mm fan on the PSU, I believe the ADDA fans are what most SFF builders replace this fan with. Plus, you can also do the Zalman treatment on the Northbridge Chipset cooler. Oh, and cut that back grill out as it will drop temps by 6 degrees F.

Hope this helps,

-E

Back