SiSoftware Sandra

madflava54

Limp Gawd
I get this message:
"Tip T101 - Large memory systems (1GB or greater) should be ECC/Parity. Since the probability that a bit will be corrupt is the same or increases with module density, the bigger the module, the bigger the overall probability that you will get one or more corrupted bits. While these modules add an extra delay on partial writes (e.g. less than data width) as parity for the whole line must be re-calculated, the stability will be worth it.
Fix: If you plan on adding more memory, consider replacing the modules with ECC/Parity modules. Do note that running plain and ECC/Parity modules will turn off ECC/Parity for the whole memory array."

Should I ignore this? If no, how do I fix it?

I'm learning to ignore most of Sandra's recommendations. When I ran the 2004 version last night, it said that the CPU fan had failed and that the current CPU temperature was 514 degrees F!. Since my system hadn't collapsed into a puddle of aluminum and plastic, I safely ignored it .... especially since I could see the CPU fan turning and the BIOS indicated 115 degrees F for the CPU.

Kevin

Back